Bastyr Center’s Transgender Health Services clinicians understand the specific needs of the LGBTQ community, offering primary care services, hormone therapy, and treatment for acute and chronic issues.
In the Team Care setting, you will work with a supervising naturopathic doctor and advanced student clinicians to develop a personalized approach to address your health care concerns. Using an informed consent model, treatments can include:
- Hormone therapy for masculinization/feminization
- Preventive services such as screening physical exams and blood tests
- Sexual health and fertility counseling
- Annual pelvic/genital and breast exams
- Screenings and treatments for sexually transmitted infections
- Nutritional counseling
Your care team will take the time to get to know you and to treat you as a whole person, and may also suggest natural treatments including lifestyle modifications, herbal medicines, homeopathy or other natural products.