As people grow older, it is important to look at the many factors that influence healthy aging, including nutrition, exercise and preventive medicine. Bastyr Center's myriad holistic health services give seniors the opportunity to explore natural treatment options to improve and maintain their health.
In the teaching clinic setting, seniors will work with a supervising clinician and advanced student clinicians to develop a customized approach to address their health care concerns. Natural treatments may include nutrition suggestions, lifestyle modifications, herbal medicines, homeopathy or other natural products.
Seniors age 62 or better may be eligible for special rates. If your insurance does not cover Bastyr Center's services, senior rates cost:
$25 per visit for:
- Naturopathic medicine, which can help prevent disease and cultivate whole-person wellness by emphasizing your body’s natural healing power. Additional services include:
- Ayurveda, an ancient system of medicine can cultivate wellness by helping balance your entire life.
$25 per visit for:
- Acupuncture, which can help you improve health for the body and mind by restoring the proper flow of qi (pronounced "chee"), the body’s underlying life force. Additional support is available through:
- Nutrition, with a personalized approach to diet and gain practical skills in cooking, grocery planning and restoring health through nutrition.
- Counseling, where you can learn how mental attitudes and emotions can transform your overall health by meeting with trained counselors.
- Mind-body medicine, which can include biofeedback, meditation and mindfulness training, autogenic training and self-hypnosis, guided imagery, breathwork, journaling, relaxation techniques, physical and postural exercises, and more.
If you would like to make a Senior Wellness appointment, or if you have any questions about the special senior rates, please call (206) 834-4100.