Alex Tan, ND, RN is a Bastyr University graduate (2006) and has worked as a primary care doctor at One Medical (San Francisco and Seattle) since 2007 (to current) serving a diverse adult population. He joins Bastyr as adjunct clinical faculty.
- IBS, SIBO, Digestive Health
- Men's Health, Women's Health, including hormone balancing
- Fatigue, Sleep Issues/Insomnia, Mental Health
- Weight Loss
- Primary Care (preventive screenings, vaccinations, upper respiratory infections/cold/cough/flu, hypertension, diabetes, UTI's, vaginitis, low back pain, hypothyroidism, depression/anxiety/insomnia, GI issues such as GERD/gas/bloating/IBS/Celiac's, musculoskeletal complaints)
Dr. Tan builds treatment plans in partnership with his patients based on a comprehensive understanding of his patient's health goals, current symptoms, formal diagnosis, conventional and functional medicine work-up, diet and lifestyle background, past personal and family history and patient preferences. He likes the "detective work" of medicine. He is very comfortable integrating conventional (wise use of prescriptions and procedures) and naturopathic medicine (nutrition, lifestyle, herbs, supplements) paradigms in caring for his patients. His style is open and collaborative.
One Medical Group, Primary Care Provider and Telemedicine Provider, (San Francisco, CA and Seattle, WA), 2007-current
Institute for Functional Medicine, Clinical Coordinator, (Federal Way, WA), 2016-2017
SF-on-Call Concierge Medicine, Primary Care Provider, 2007
Education & Affiliations:
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, 2006
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (candidate), RN Pre-licensure completed, Seattle University, 2017-current, Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
- Member AANP, WANP. CNDA