Let physical medicine assist you on your journey towards optimal wellness! A modality of naturopathic medicine, physical medicine offers treatments that improve well-being, assist in recovery from injury, and strengthen the immune system. You may be referred to physical medicine for certain health concerns, such as muscle strains, arthritic, and other types of pain, as well as detoxification and immune support. If you are looking for a different approach to your ailments, aches, and pains, let our experts in physical medicine help!
Treatments offered include:
- Therapeutic ultrasound: Ultrasonic therapy to promote recovery, especially in musculotendinous injuries
- Interferential: Low-frequency electrical stimulation that can be very helpful for pain management
- Additional therapies: Cold laser therapy, diathermy, therapeutic/functional exercise
- Manipulation: A safe and effective technique to realign the body’s skeletal system
- Muscle energy stretching: This stretching technique helps retrain hypertonic muscles
- Kinesio taping: Therapeutic elastic taping can help retrain and support the body while allowing the body to continue to move freely (whereas conventional athletic taping is rigid and restrictive)
- Additional modalities: Craniosacral therapy, visceral manipulation, reciprocal inhibition technique
- Constitutional hydrotherapy: An older method of stimulating the body’s vital force and the immune system.
- Additional therapies: Hyperthermia and peat baths, contrast hydrotherapy, infrared dry sauna.
Initial physical medicine appointments last one hour, and follow-up office calls range from 15 minutes to one hour. When you become a patient in one of our physical medicine shifts, you’ll feel heard, understood, and well cared for. Don’t wait until your symptoms get worse to make a change – schedule an appointment today! Call us at 858.246.9730.